SDA believes that dance is an art and, therefore, should be seen.
We offer a number of performance opportunities every year to our students including annual productions held at a professional theatre. Whilst we strongly encourage all our dancers to take up the option to perform, nobody will ever be forced to take part.
Taking part and performing in an SDA show has many benefits for our students and young dancers.
* Preparing for a performance involves learning choreography, rhythm, patterns, musicality,
technique and teamwork.
* Performing in front of an audience boosts dancer's self-confidence and gives them the
opportunity to take that experience and use it in school and towards future jobs.
* Family and friends get to watch their dancer shine on stage and see what they've been
working towards in their classes.
* The audience can always expect age-appropriate dances, costumes and music.
* Lifetime memories are made during the hard work, but fun and exciting experience, of
creating a fabulous SDA production!